Monday, November 01, 2004

a worshipper of God

Mary and Martha. Two sisters. One a quiet, introspective individual possessed of a sensitive soul. One a bustling, extroverted individual who could never stop working, directing and engineering events. The born leader of the two. Jesus visited their house, but yet He fellowshipped more with the quiet Mary. And Mary pleased Him more than Martha, who worked so hard but forgot that 'one good thing' - the best thing of all - to sit and rest at His feet and come into His presence intimately. To be lost in worshipping Him.

So many times, I find myself like Martha rather than Mary, working so hard for God's kingdom that I have forgotten that one, most vital thing. To merely kneel at His feet and worship Him - to know Him as the God worthy of worship, adoration and to give Him all the glory. Above all else, He is the God of the universe - that we can even come into His presence is an unspeakable honour. Yes, we work - but we work because we love Him.. and our service should be a form of worship, not overshadowing the worship. Nothing to do with my ministry - it's my own mindset.. I have to remember my priorities.

Help me to be a simple worshipper, Lord.

let me not be lifted up in pride that i serve in some quantity- let me instead be humble in Your presence and serve You not only in the physical sense but also as a true worshipper. i don't wanna be a person who will slide away once the work ceases - not like there's any danger of work ceasing, haha..- but stay on in Your house simply to worship. let me not be a 'professional' Christian, whose God-serving ministry is placed above God. like the 'heart of worship' song.. till this day almost the only song i can play on the guitar. perhaps that was destined? but then again, I have no guitar. haha.

worship
~ Waiting upon God - to entwine yourself around the presence of God - to flow in the Holy Spirit's time - to simply dwell.
~ Undistracted focus on God - pledge to approach God closer - lay aside busy-ness and tired-ness and pour all your whole heart and soul into worship - mean every word you say / sing - for what your mind concentrates on is the realm in which you walk - to be a spiritually minded and not carnally / worldly minded person.
~ Extravagant adoration of God - to prostrate yourself before Him and bow down at His feet - to love Him just for who He is, and not promises He can give - to humble yourself in realisation of the disparity between His status and the death He died for you and I on the cross.
~ Unconditional sacrifice to God - to worship no matter what - to lay down my life if necessary - and all else too - "Even if heaven is not promised to me, it would have been worth it just to follow You Jesus" (Andre Crouch)

again - Help me to be a simple worshipper, Lord.

~song #1
here i am to worship
here i am to bow down
here i am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
altogether worthy
altogether wonderful to me

~song #2
i love to worship You my God
i love to worship You my Lord
and see Your Spirit move in power
Your love unfolding gifts from heaven
i love to worship You my God
i love to worship You my Lord
and feel Your precious breath from heaven
Your all consuming love
Holy Spirit come in power
change my heart
i want to worship You my God
let Your Spirit come in power
change my life
that I may live for You my Lord
fall on us Lord..

~song #3

when the music fades
all is stripped away
and i simply come
longing just to bring
something that's of worth
that will bless Your heart
i'll bring You more than a song
for a song in itself
is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
throught the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
i'm coming back to the heart of worship
and it's all about You
it's all about You Jesus
i'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
cos it's all about You
it's all about You Jesus

~song #4
i have come to bow down
at Your feet Lord Jesus
in Your presence there is fullness of joy
there is nothing
there is no one
who compares with You
i take pleasure in worshiping
i take pleasure in worshiping
i take pleasure in worshiping You Lord

No comments: