Monday, November 29, 2004

a more coherent version of the weekend. =)

It's now ten am on Monday morning, and I think I'm sufficiently recovered from my lack of coherence to give a better account of my weekend. So, hereeeeeeeeeeeee goes...

Friday night! It was Tiffany's birthday party, and we had dinner at Maison du Fontaine (some French restaurant in a converted colonial bungalow along Scotts Road.) The food was good, although the guests and waiters were mutally horrifying (the waiters by the *non-cultured* way in which we ate our food, probably!) mwahahahahaha.

Scenario: A tiny cup no larger than your soup spoon in front of you.. the stuff in the cup's reported to be asparagus SOUP. What to do if you're impatient, don't-care-about-image old me? Why, lift the cup to your lips and down the whole thing! Wonder inside why they are so 'kiam' with soup - hey, when i say a tiny cup it's really tiny! AND then, see a bowl full of the *real thing* (vege n mushroom soup) arrive, and realise that what's just gone down your gullet is the BREAD DIP. Oh man....

Anyway. I was initially reserved about attending, because Tiff is, what, 16? and so are all her friends.. and I know none of them because I'm her *tuition teacher*, for gossakes! and in turn i over-react and underdress to the point that no one believes I'm 25. But OH! by the way! I bought new silvery shimmery shoes from Isetan at Wisma. Lookie all:



MY BEAUTIFUL NEW SILVERY SHIMMERY BLUE SHOES!
and all for only $13.00! mwahahahahahahaha...

After.. went over to Goodwood Park. Oh, dear blogders! Did you know Goodwood Park is Liang2 Mu4 Yuan2 hotel in Chinese?? oh my goodness! It's a literal translation! mwahahahahahaha! Saw the initial stages of the Preparation to Zheng3 Ah Cheks, and lent my hands and feet to the task. We ended up eating supper at Fong Seng (oh gosh, I haven't been there in AGES!) and getting rained in (you know, angmohs get snowed in) till nearly 1am. UGGGGHHH.

No comments: