Friday, November 12, 2004

~a friend closer than a brother.. and never anything more?

was talking w iYi yesterday on the bus.. about how different we are in terms of personality and approach. i do tend to agree with her that she is more of the 'xiao nu ren'.. and i am more of the 'strong tower' kind of woman, whom people tend to see as a friend (sexless, one might assume!) and not an object of affection. through my experiences, I have become a domineering, take-control and take-charge person who, i suppose, is viewed as more of a workhorse than anything else. Only those who know me well, who see beyond the authoritative, work-oriented and endless-capacity-for-work side of me will see that it is not all that I am, it is not all that I am. Yet it is an integral part of my character - and that is my greatest failing - that i have learnt to be too strong, too well - and it ends up that i am unapproachable and seen only as a teacher, worker and simply a friend (perhaps a friend closer than a brother even) but never anything more by the vast majority of people. i daresay many brothers have been 'scared off' or 'scared of' by me! iYi was right - she said it would take a really strong man to be able to stand me - haha! not physically strong (although the person would probably have to be in order to carry fat ole me around!) but strong in terms of character. 80's words are really prophetic.. i AM too D for my own good.. i will HAVE to learn to lay down my character and to be submissive at times. i struggled for the longest time with the "equality of males and females" debate - but I have come to realise that males and females ARE equal, just called to different roles - egomango blogged this sometime ago. while i learn, i hope i don't scare off too many people! =)

No comments: