Thursday, June 04, 2009

Keeping the Spirits Up / 035: You'll Always Be Daddy's Girl

40wks + 3 days now and still no sign of Miss Z appearing. She is still moving up a storm inside though, so she's definitely in good health and having a great time. I'm trying to do natural induction methods like acupressure (ouch.. my mum and I press till or cheh liao), eating pineapples, and tomorrow I am going to drag myself around Orchard Road's malls in an attempt to get in a lot of walking and get labour going! Its my last chance as Friday is D-day!! Meet me for the GSS anyone? Hurhur.

Anyway, to scrap while I can (and shun bian do up a Father's Day gift for G), here's 035 in a very different style than I have ever tried. Sigh, it just does not look good on film no matter which angle I take.. it looks better in real life when you can see the different layers.. really.
I was also trying to get a "sunshine rays" effect with the ribbons radiating out from the central focal photo, but apparently it doesn't really work so well.

I was trying to go for a "comic book cover" look with lots of images, bright colours and speech bubbles. Kind of but not really got it.. =(

Close up of most of the Sophie shots. This is a pretty good way to squeeze in lots of shots at one go.. Now if I could just figure out how to make the page flow better and look a bit more balanced!
Tried and failed to get a good angle on the layering.
I really MUST highlight this.. Hand sewing!! Hurhur. From me, who cannot sew to save my life! *shifty eyes* I failed both Art (common knowledge) and Home Econs (oh no!!!!) throughout Sec 1 and 2!! Anyway the handsewing was meant to make the 3 letters of the lace cardstock I used in my title to stand out more.

Papers: Scenic Route Laurel Landings Way (orange), KI Memories Lace Cardstock in Hangman Taxi.
Alphas: American Crafts Leg Warmers Felt Thickers in brown, Doodlebug Just My Type in red, Heidi Swapp She Chipboard alphas in whisper blue.
Embellishments: Ribbon from Making Memories (black and light blue), KCK (red), Prima ribbon tape in blue and felt ribbon in midnight blue from Scarlet Lime's August 2008 kit, random blue string for stitching, Hambly's in All Mixed Up Teal and Onesies White, buttons from Scarlet Lime's August 2008 kit, word bubble stickers from Spotlight, Scenic Route Ashville Labels journalling spots, Elle's Studio Sweet Tweet Circles, Jenni Bowlin Mini Bingo Cards "Bliss", Daisy D's "Favourite Photos" cardstock (I Love this Picture and A Glimpse of Who You Are), arrows from a RAK from Tiffany - unless I miss my guess they are from Crate Paper, but I cannot figure out which collection - am i right?
Effects: Coloured and handstitched the "a", "e" and "y" in the lace cardstock to serve as part of the title. 10 million pop dots used to give the standout effect on the pictures that CANNOT be seen in the photos *grumble grumble*!

Reworked:
After a night of being unsatisfied with the look of the LO, I decided to re-work it this morning.
- Pasted the Just My Type alphas on cardstock and popped some of them up to give more texture to the relatively "flat" top part of the page. Placed brackets from Tiffany's RAK to frame the title as well, and popped up the "b" of the word "be" on a star die-cut from Tiffany too.
- Framed the "I love this picture" diecut with 2 layers of artisan squares, used a doodle-rub on from Luxe Designs for the top layer to make it stand out more. Also added Robin's Nest Dew drops in Sunflower around the Hambly's frame.
- Added word and phrase sticker strips from 7Gypsies Baby and Father 97% complete stickers to emphasize the sun-rays effect.


Here's the edited version, I like it much better!

No comments: