Monday, June 01, 2009

034: So Berry Yum

Succeeded finally with Eye for Design Colour Challenge #4 - I mutated the last LO to something far far away from the original colour scheme I was trying to follow! Ha!
Reiterate - the last colour scheme was red, fuschia, yellow, lime green and burlap. I kept on thinking it reminded me of *something*.. Now I know.. it reminded me of Scarlet Lime's July 2008 kit!

Lookalike boh??

Good for me, since I have some pieces of this kit *still untouched*.. so I've managed to use them all up! Yay!

In this photo is just a bunch of cherries and strawberries we bought in USA during honeymoon in 2007 and placed into a plastic container to "dabao" along the way. It was just bought from some random roadside stall and gosh look at the perfection of those fruits.. that would be so rare and hard to find in Singapore. We saw young kids and their parents buy fruits by the boxes and just sit down by the roadside and eat the whole box up straightaway. Such a carefree spirit of enjoyment.. really reminds me of summer season in the USA. I used the crepe paper ribbon because the pattern reminded me of the tablecloth you might see at a summer barbecue. And the use of the "O" to highlight the fruits was a technique I saw in Creating Keepsakes mag.


Papers: Cardstock from DCWV, pink scalloped paper from Colorbok, yellow polka dotted paper from Sassafrass Lass Sunshine Lollipops Wee Bundle.
Alphas: American Crafts chipboard Giftbox thickers in green, Doodlebug Loopy Love in red.
Embellishments: October Afternoon Cherry Hill cardstock stickers, orange felt flower from Daiso, burlap with green flowers from Prima, white polka dotted crepe paper ribbon from Jenni Bowlin, fuschia cloth scrap, green sequin and yellow trim from Scarlet Lime's July 2008 kit (look at the 2nd picture in the post hehe), note paper and buttons from Scarlet Lime's August 2008 kit.
Effects: Pierced holes at the side of the note paper using a paper piercer, and inserted jump rings through each of the holes. No joke I tell you! Argh!!

No comments: