Saturday, June 13, 2009

One Week: A Rare Moment of Peace


Zoe is one week old today and it is one week since my C-section.

Zoe:
She is a pretty good baby, does not fuss except when she is hungry; but boy, she gets hungry VERY OFTEN! At the age of less than 1 week, she can drain both breasts, drink down 2ounces of EBM, then still squall for FM - all in the space of 2 hours! Gosh! Her intake is about 3oz every 2.5-3 hours and has been since she got home.. Thats alot for a 1week old gal! S only managed 3oz at the age of about 1 month. And she is very serious about drinking.. drains down the milk so fast and sucks so hard that she gets red lines around her mouth at every feed HAHA.
Z is also a very smily baby.. Have been trying to get a picture of her smiling but not succeeded yet.

Me:
My milk supply is in, but boy it is NOT ENOUGH to feed that hungry little cow. Its better than with Sophie though, and increasing by the day. So I hope my ss will be able to peak up at a level that can TBF Zoe, though I am still far from it now. Downing lots of soups, red date tea, and taking fenugreek capsules. Hopefully I will improve! My nipples are also really sore from the vigorous mis-treatment by Zoe.. =(
The incision is also healing pretty well and I can move about with much less pain now than immediately after the section. Its quite amazing how fast the body recovers from major surgery =) I am still a little disappointed that I did not manage to VBAC for Zoe - didn't even get to try. Maybe a VBA2C for the next one? We'll see how things go.. after AT LEAST 1 year break!

No comments: