Wednesday, September 22, 2004

bleddy awkward poetry..

bleddy awkward poetry.. sorry la, long time no write already..

I off-ed my light in the morning
As I prepared to face the day
And it made me stop and ponder
For I finally saw the sun's rays

Shining in the rear window
Warming a privileged patch of wall
I stood and stared a while longer
Then turned and let the shades fall

The neon light had dominated
Whenever work was to be done
Day to night, or night to day
Neon made no difference to one

But yet with that artifice dimmed away
The sun shines brightly still
Patient and faithful, like a lover
Waiting beyond the hill

It is like life, isn't it
At times, work overtakes you
Yet when you lay down your work at last
Life's essence starts shining through

Pure, simple and good light
Hope for a new day
Was it any wonder that I turned
With a smile from the window away?

No comments: