Saturday, September 11, 2004

desire and dissatisfaction

desire - dissatisfaction. sound contradictory? but they are to be applied to opposite things.. to desire more of God through prayer - and to be dissatisfied with e things that have been acheived, ie. to continually move on with God. these are the essence of what we should be seeking for in prayer..

Lord, i want more of You in my life - let Your heartbeat be my heart's cry.. may I live to serve Your call.. more important than doing things and working hard - as i have always tried so hard to do - is to know God's purpose and live that out! to have the burden of the Holy Spirit the foremost purpose in all that I do - I need that so badly! I do not want to live a dry life and at the end of the day realise that I have laid down what is important for what is merely urgent. I want the burden of the Holy Spirit to be so real in my life - let me be compelled to do Your will, Lord, not because You are a fierce and force-people-to-do-things God but because of my relationship with You and the awareness that this relationship brings of Your love for people.

No comments: