Monday, September 13, 2004

- after my absence -

have not blogged for days i think - except for some hurried, dashed bits here and there. expression takes time and i haven't had time to mull over my thoughts in front on the comp during the hols, unlike in school where i basically stare at comp all day. it's the holidays after all, and i've been spending my time kai-kai-ing (ie shopping, yes..) and tuitioning.. erpz.. and all the Grand and Noble Ambitions I had for the holidays are now dashed. I list them below:

1. Levelling the Mountains
Sounds so 'wu3 xia2 xiao3 shuo1' dun it.. like some weird gongfu stroke.. Yes, the mountains of papers, books, bills and other rubbish that are stacked around my room. The topography of my beautiful purple room looks something like the Alps by now. Perhaps I should take a picture one morning.. mountains against a purple backdrop (my wall).. haha.. and submit to webshots??

2. Changing interFaces
the interFace of my blog .. i wanted to learn html and create myself a new blogskin from scratch.. AHAHAHAHA... i am so ambitious am i not? somemore i wanted to learn Photoshop to tweak my fugly pics.. Right, who am i kidding.. the computer illiterate child who cannot so much as get her printer to install properly, and who can *amazingly* reformat her entire hard disk by accident. Sometimes i just DON'T KNOW where i get my amazing talent for screwing this sort of stuff up! Hah!
By the way, I AM intending to change my template, so if my blog looks off-colour for a while, bear with it! =)

3. Being Nice
yepz, i intended to do all sorts of Nice Person Trademark actions this week, like making friendship bands for certain pp (xz knows.. ), baking cookies for others, etc etc etc and whatever else it is that nice people do. But I ended up, as usual of course, without any of these things done. oops!


Yet, what have I managed to accomplish this week? Heeeeeeeeeeeere goes..

1. I have gone SHOPPING! - yes, i know i should spend less, but i always end up walking around and not buying anything.. somehow the day spent doing unrelated-to-work stuff is just relaxing.

2. I READ lots - Winter's Heart in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (i am 4 years behind in the series but nevermind.. i eagerly await book 10.. that was a particularly enjoyable read cos i jus slacked at Coffee Bean reading and sipping stuff while the eddies of humanity swirled past.. haha.. felt so tai-tai-ish!).. The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun (courtesy of Zhengliang.. i am still in the midst of reading but its an amazing book.. will blog more about it in another post).. Many backdated Readers' Digests that my mother picks up from flea markets at her church.. The "Shens" of the Bible (ie. Gala-Shens, Ephe-Shens, Corin-shens.. you get the idea.. yes?).. diversion: again, I am reminded to 1. walk in a manner worthy of my calling.. 2. to ask for more of God's burden in my life - more about this in another post.. =)

3. I went out with my mother and father! - Mum's birthday was on saturday, so we went for high tea at Raffles Hotel on Friday.. the western confections are very nice, the asian so-so.. but more importantly, made a point to make them feel that i had all e time in e world to pei2 ta1 men2.. which was not *quite* accurate, for once we reached home i was off like a jet to church for door usher.. but i think it pleased my parents quite a bit. *yay!*

4. I gave myself a FRENCH MANICURE! - have yet to perfect the technique, smudged 2 nails and the right hand's a bit wobbly.. who ask me to be so dominantly hemidextrous and non-sinistral.. yikes, my left hand's almost good for nothing with this kind of delicate work.. but i am quite pleased with the overall result. of course, the whole thing's chipped all over after TEN hours of oscar (friday, saturday and sunday) but yes, i am well pleased. =)

5. I did NOT do a tad of work! - yes, i did not do a jot of any marking, remedialing, table-tidying, attendance-recording, admin work and etc etc etc stuff. erpz, but i WILL catch up. Soon. =) Which reminds me, i should start going about it soon. =)

No comments: