Thursday, February 24, 2005

I like having morning lessons.

It kick-starts your day, forces you into 'up-and-enthu' mode and increases your productivity.
I'm just back from taking a morning lab, and I feel so much more energetic and ready-to-work (haha, and blog) than if I hadn't had lessons. Yay yay!

Chen4 wo3 xin1 xue4 lai2 chao2 de shi2 hou4, i'll blog as much as I can! =)





I am really happy with duty during Pst Ulf's conference yesterday.
No doubt, there were many mistakes I still made, and plenty of things I could have improved; Yet, what I'm happiest about is that yesterday, I slew some giants in terms of my mindset and attitude.

I've always been a person who isn't too confident of my own abilities and can seldom think on my feet or handle too many issues at one time. Hall traffic is a position that encompasses both of these requirements and so for the longest time, I'd always had a fear of taking on hall traff on my own. Gradually, I came to be able to manage hall traff for simple, normal services, but the thought of taking hall traffic for conferences, especially confs like Pst Ulf, still left me cold on my feet. Every time a conference duty list is read out, I'd pray very hard that it would not be me who 'kena' hall traff.

I swear to you, my dear blogders, that from the day before, when I knew my position, my entire being was permeated with nervousness. It definitely increased my stress level, but it was GOOD - because it made me increase my preparedness and shattered all my complacency. From early in the morning, during my free periods, I spent my time visualizing, planning for and praying over my duty - as Pst Kong always says- if you see it, you can have it!

And it worked! As I prayed over my duty, and visualized the flow of people into the hall, although I was still panicky, I knew what to do. Don't laugh; I literally wrote down everything I had to do on a piece of paper and carried it around the entire day. But my H4 duty went much smoother than expected, and at the end of the day, I realise I have lost my fear of doing conference H4. Of course, I have plenty to improve on. But the stumbling block in my mind has been cast down, and I believe I have fought a good fight. I've faced a challenge and conquered it. Bring it on; I'm ready to rise up to a new challenge. Yeah!

No comments: