Monday, February 07, 2005

accountability without authority.

Never have I had this flung so blatantly into my face as today.

And, as always, to protect those I am writing about, I throw in vague allegories and smoky allusions. Sheesh. Sometimes I wish I could write blatantly, outrightly and then I remember - I have an accountability to my audience, not only to my own desires. And so I shroud my frustration in voluminous sentences, and drown in my own chiffon. Tralala.

Suffice it to say, however, that to hold accountability over something means that you MUST hold the authority. To have authority without accountability is despotism; the other way around is powerlessness. And powerless was exactly how I felt earlier, as I saw how command after command, comment after comment was studiously promised to and just as easily forgotten. Do I teach in a JC or a kindergarten, anyway??? It sometimes DOES feel like kindergarten, yes! Yikes!

No comments: