Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I.HAVE.A.HAMSTER. OH.MY.GOSH.

Goodness!

my 31st WELCO gave me a hamster as their stepping-down present!

My very first hamster!
This hamster has been the cause of much excitement in the Science region of the staffroom. We've collectively discovered that it's a SHE (courtesy of Koon Loon's observation that no round posterior structures are present), she squeals when irritated, and she likes to tear paper (which lived, in a past life, as a Differential Equations tutorial). And I've decided to name her Welly, in honour of the WELCO who gave her to me.

However, I have a problem.

Imagined scenario #1:
Hello, my Very First Hamster. Meet my Very Cranky Dog!
VCD promptly gobbles up VFH.

Imagined scenario #2:
Hello, my Very First Hamster. Meet my Very Cranky Dog!
VCD eyes VFH with distrust.
VCD gobbles up VFH.

Imagined scenario #3:
Hello, my Very First Hamster. Meet my Very Cranky Dog!
Ming takes great care to place VFH on a high shelf away from the reach of VCD.
Over the course of days, VCD figures out how to knock down VFH from high shelf.
VCD gobbles up VFH.

Imagined scenario #4:
Hello, my Very First Hamster. Meet my Very Cranky Dog!
Ming takes great care to place VFH in a nice secure cage, which WELCO has kindly provided as well, on a high shelf away from the reach of VCD.
Over the course of days, VCD figures out how to knock down VFH's nice secure cage from high shelf.
He also figures out how to pry open the cage bars.
VCD gobbles up VFH.

Help! How?

No comments: