Tuesday, May 24, 2005

THE VFH CHRONICLES: PART THE SECOND

Alright, so the VFH's comfortably settled at home, on a high table away from the VCD. VCD's highly jealous, by the way, and snuffles excitedly whenever I walk near the VFH. As if he thinks I might drop him a nice tasty morsel to eat. Hurrumph.

Our good VFH has been fairly quiet, after a period of high activity when first installed on her high table. The only other time she went mad was when I tried to catch and clean her (and her cage). And cleverly, that was the time I tried to take photos, so I ended up with a series of blur shots of fur. Hm. *bright and brilliant smile* I will try to take shots when she is not so active next time, so I'll end up with a series of balled shots of fur.

The first Hamster Catching was a real experience. Having determined that Welly needed to be removed so I could clean her cage, I decided to keep her in a little plastic container for the time being. Catching her was trying tho, because I'm used to the much larger (and slower!) Scampy aka VCD. Thanks to all who gave suggestions of catching her with a fishing net, tricking her into the box, enticing her with food and goodness knows what else. Lol. In the little plastic container, our Welly looked thoroughly frantic (perhaps due to her now-unobstructed view of Scampy eagerly licking his chops below). Thank goodness the cleaning was done fairly fast and she got back into her protected cage. =)

Stay tuned for the next episode of the VFH chronicles; I'll try to get some shots of the hamster. =)

No comments: