Monday, May 23, 2005

NO LONGER I WHO LIVE

.. but Christ who lives in me.

Everything in recent days has been pointing me towards being less lazy, and being more proactive. And I realise that in my own fleshly nature, I am more my father's daughter than anything else: being content to remain at status quo, to not-rock-the-boat and follow established norms rather than seek to raise the bar.

And to go beyond this, I need to crucify my flesh and confess it everyday: No longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. This life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.

Was reminded in CG today that we need to move out of our comfort zones. And yes, I have asked myself if I AM in my comfort zone. Answer: Yes, I think I am. Do I do the things given to me? Yes, I do; not always well, but in general I think I do. Are they physically taxing? Yes, I think they are. But why do I consider myself still in my comfort zone? It is because I am content to leave things as they are, and not apply my mind to improvement of the areas in which I am given charge. No wonder Ry says I have no breakthrough in UM; he's right, in his fashion. I will not have a breakthrough anywhere unless I exert myself to not only maintain the status quo, but to improve upon it.

Help me, Lord, to overcome my natural limitations. To overcome the desires of my fleshly body and worldly mind to slip back into apathy and indifference, believing that to follow alone is enough. May I lay down my all to follow You; may I step forward into my destiny.

No comments: