Saturday, May 23, 2009

Awaiting Zoe: 031, I do

Forced to home-bounded-ness and inactivity while awaiting Zoe, I decided to complete Colour Challenge 3 from Eye for Design. Tough one.. colours were chocolate brown, antique brown, red, yellow and cream. Totally not my usual palette!

Here is the result:

This is a super back-dated photo and I think only the 2nd LO I have scrapped with only my face in it. Its got to be so though cos this was the only photo I could find that suit the colour scheme! Which is one of the problems I face when scrapping in the Eye for Design style. Its great to draw insipration from magazines, adverts etc but I find those hard to match to the photos I have / intend to scrap. My usual previous style was to choose the photo first and then match the embellishments / colour theme to the shot. Now, it is the other way around.. Hmm.. pros and cons.

An interesting element (or at least I tried to be interesting) was the houndstooth circle in the top right hand corner.. if you look at the closeup in the 2nd photo, you would see that there is a layer of red felt underneath. Those are the leftover thickers from the Playroom font, which I stuck onto the back of the circle, trimmed and flipped over. So there is a hint of red there but does not overwhelm the 2 bears.

Papers: Dream Street Papers - Enchanted - Once Upon a Time (brown background), KI Memories Lace Cardstock - Hangman in Taxi colour, Sassafras Lass Life is Beautiful - Woodland Whimsy Rose Thicket (rose cutouts), SEI Windsor Farleigh (brown and white flocked cutouts), K & Company Que Sera Mat Pad.
Alphas: American Crafts Playroom felt thickers in red, Sprinkles vinyl thickers in yellow, Making Memories Tiny Alphas in black and white.
Embellishments: Pearl gems from KaiserCraft, American Crafts foam shapes (the 2 bears) - I forgot which collection, foam heart from OurCraftPlace, yellow chipboard hearts from Heidi Swapp, Imaginisce Chantilly Charms in Entwined, Hamblys' Screen Prints in ATC Patchwork black (the houndstooth), and Decor Notes white (fork, spoon and knife artisan shape).

No comments: