Saturday, May 09, 2009

028: No Greater Love

LO done for Mother's Day for my MIL who has been helping us so much to take care of Sophie. Well, since S cannot say Happy Mothers Day yet, I'll say it on her behalf..
(whoops I better not let my own mother see this as she will be jealous =P)

This is also fulfilling Moments Recorded Challenge 8:

Using ONLY the following, you are to create your own designs / patterns:
Rub Ons

Stamps

Cardstock Stickers / Element Stickers / Stickers Book


You are only allow to use only
ONE cardstock and NO pattern paper are allowed for this month challenge. You are not able to use chipboard stickers or any other form of chipboard elements. However, you are able to use AC Chipboard Thickers or Chipboard alpha for title purpose. The only allowance for chipboards will be for title purpose and nothing else.

That's certainly most challenging for someone like me who never fails to "jia yan jia cu" to everything I do!!
So, to spark off ideas, I took out all my stamps, rubons and inks.. and lo and behold the result:

Did alot of distressing and glimmer misting on this LO which I have not done for long.. simply because it is quite "dirty" and time-consuming. But given the constraints, cannot help it!! I need to satisfy my "spirit" of "jia yan jia cu". =P

Ingredients List:
Cardstock: DCWV
Rub-Ons: Fancy Pants Designs (Write Now, Fancy-Free Free Spirit), and My Minds Eye (Laundry Line Coastal Comfort)
Stamps:
Bottom left - 7 Gypsies Nottinghill - rotated the same stamp 90 degrees 4x for the larger pattern, one set of 4 rotations in Versafine Vintage Sepia and 2nd set of 4 rotations (slightly displaced from the first set) in Versafine Lagoon. Did the same for top right hand corner
Photo borders - Heidi Swapp Love Corners
Cardstock sticker: BoBunny A Gift of Love - left hand side scalloped border. Thats it, only 1 cardstock sticker! LOL! I have very few of "flat" embellishments as my usual style is super "pop-up-py".
Chipboard Alphas: Heidi Swapp She chipboard alphas in Whisper Blue.
Others:
- Tim Holtz Flourish Mask used to create the design on right hand side of page. Did the masking twice, first with Glimmer Mist in Robin's Egg Blue, then shifted the mask to a slightly different angle and re-did the masking with Hero Arts Memories Soft Sand stamp pad.
- Edge distressing and inking of cardstock done with Tim Holtz distress inks in Tea Dye and Orange Marmalade; edge distressing and inking of photos with only Orange Marmalade.
- Inked the chipboard alphas as well with Soft Sand colour. A very pale brown, very good for giving this aged-vintage effect.

This is my first time trying out the blue-brown-orange colour scheme and I must say I do quite like it. But there are very few photos I have that can fit into this colour range.. this series is fine because the predominant photo colours are white, grey and pale blue. Oh well.. at least good that I gave it a try.. =)

No comments: