Tuesday, December 21, 2004

100 things about me..

1. My Christian name, Joy, is supposed to stand for "Jesus, Others, Yourself." Someone told me that on my baptism day.
2. I chose the name myself!
3. But no one ever calls me Joy anyway. LOL. Don't start, please.
4. I am wondering how I am ever going to reach 100 things right now. Yikes!
5. I blog when I am bored - ie there's nothing else to do, or (as in now) the shops aren't open yet.
6. Thus, when you see me blogging long blogs, it means I am really bored and you should call me and rescue me from my boredom.
7. I do, however, manage to make computers and all other electronic devices fail within two weeks of getting my paws on them, so long blogs followed by long silence still means I am bored.
8. I am not kidding about the electronic devices failing.
9. Therefore, I sold both my Palm and Pocket PC in favour of a good old diary.
10. I like my diary too because I can put stickers on it (yay) and write in different coloured pens (double yay!). Imagine doing that on a PPC. *shudders*
11. By the way, I am half cured of my colourful-pen-addiction habit already. LOL. At my worst, in JC, I had over 40 different coloured pens that I would lug around to school every day. When I mean half-cured, I mean I have only about 20 different colours now.
12. I love to write. Was that ever in any doubt? Writing is my favoured form of communication, but I seldom indulge in it because of the TIME taken. Ugh.
13. If I could ask for only one more thing in the world, it would be to have more time.
14. The greatest gift I can ever give any person or any cause is my time.
15. The current scent I am raving about is Victoria's Secret's For Her 2.
16. The current cosmetics line I am raving about too is Stila! But it's an expensive hobby, hey hey..
17. Lipglasses from MAC are fantastic. But I already have three.
18. I have an extremely multi-national family. Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, USA, France.
19. This arises because I have am extremely large extended family.
20. And no, I cannot for the life of me remember the correct forms of address in either English or Chinese.
21. I also have an extremely bad memory for faces, and I have the worst time connecting faces to names.
22. I only remember rubbish like the registration number of my mother's old cars (SBE8415J, SBG5549R), my old phone numbers that I had when I was a kid (4666995, 4699366), and my parents' IC numbers and bank PIN numbers (hey, I'm not stupid).
23. I have been perpetually trying to lose weight since the age of fifteen. But my success rates have varied wildly over the years. The skinniest I ever was was during and just after JC2. I aspire to that same weight now. =)
24. At fifteen, I weighed 70 kg. I am not kidding.
25. I am also 158-159.5 cm short (the measurement varies based on time of day and accuracy of measuring tape) and I have NEVER made it to 160cm in my entire life.
26. Does that qualify me as a member of the SFU (not San Francisco University, but Short, Fat and Ugly)? I'm just kidding. Sorry to any SF Uni graduates out there!
27. IMHO, the most important thing in life is love. To be assured that you are loved and valued no matter who you are and what you do is a knowledge that brings tremendous self-assurance, humility and strength of character.
28. I aspire to be a better servant.
29. My most recent Christian reads were Robb Thompson's "Excellence in Attitude", and I am still ploughing through his "Excellence in Ministry". They are not easy books to read but well worth the soul-searching.
30. My most recent non-Christian reads were Michael Crichton's Timeline (unfinished, because the book belongs to my aunt, and is sitting somewhere in Las Vegas right now) and Dan Brown's Deception Point (not a patch on Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons)
31. I nag anyone who smokes.
32. I live in a country where the thermometer seldom dips below 30C. Yet I am addicted to wearing jackets.
33. I have decided to cut short this blog to "50 things about me.." because I am running out of things to write.
34. I am also prone to last-minute, spur-of-the-moment decisions. See 33 above.
35. I love having dogs around. Thanks to Maxie, Bambi and Coco, who've made my sojourns away from home this time a little bit more home-like!
36. I have a high, kiddish voice. But it used to be low and mature. Rats, I am regressing as I age!
37. I am twenty-five. But I sound like a fifteen year old, look like a twenty year old, and think like a thirty year old. How schizophrenic!
38. I want to go to graduate school some day. One day. When I have the freedom to.
39. Ditto the above for Bible College.
40. I understand the power of human relations from the hospitality I've received from my mother's friends as I travel. But it doesn't mean I'm motivated enough to keep up MY human relation. LOL. Good for you if you're on MSN/Yahoo/ICQ, because these are probably the only methods of keeping in contact that I use!
41. I love to travel. But not alone *ugh*.
42. Countries I've been to: Hongkong, China, Mongolia, France, USA, UK, many parts of Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia.
43. Countries I aspire to go to: Israel, North / South Africa, Spain, South America.
44. I am also a photography buff, but an extremely amateur one.
45. My secret dream is to be a National Geographic photographer. Note I say dream; I'm not going to pursue it! hah!
46. Secret dream number two is to be an interior designer / architect.
47. I am tone-deaf and have no sense of pitch.
48. Yet, I play the piano and I would also like to learn to play the guitar and the violin.
49. I also sing karaoke (please do not try to imagine what I sound like!)
50. I am really glad I've come to the end of my 50 things.

Have a good day!

No comments: