Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I am a xian2 qi1 liang2 mu3 candidate!

.. yes, a la Juan Juan. Why so? Isn't the first requirement of a xian2 qi1 liang2 mu3 the ability to cook?? And since when does HUIMING cook??

Ah Hah! Here lies a little known fact: I make a mean potato salad. And I boil fantastic water. Tah Dah! So, any candidates for the post of "Husband of XQLM Huiming" must have the ability to down innumerable quantities of potato salad, potato salad and only potato salad. And drink boiled water, boiled water and more boiled water.

I am in such a weird mood this morning, don't you think?

Oh well.

But my potato salad is nice, as evidenced by the members of Section 5 and 6 last night at our combined section outing. Hee. And my ability to shout loudly above the noise of 50 screaming people was also proven. Hey, XQLM must also have the ability to control a gaggle of kids ok?? Also the ability to talk nonsense freely in front of many and be the joke of the party (hm, since when was that ever in doubt?) was put to good use as the MC for the night. Renjie is also to be commended for being even more lame, and even more funny, than me. What a lethal combination to put as MCs! I think most of the people from Section 5 and 6 were kept in stitches the whole night through.

*a nagging voice in the back of my head reminds me that ANOTHER quality of an XQLM is to be able to sew. ahem*

I really am in a weird mood this morning. And I have to go back to work now. Oh well, if any potential candidates are unable to stomach too much potato salad and this kind of sewing (ie. being kept in stitches), may I refer you to the model XQLM
Juan Juan? *wink wink!*

Before signing off, some pictures of the night:


The Shuai Ges and Mei Nus of 5566! (Section 5 and 6!) Notice that the gals are in blue and the guys are in pink. Hm...


The Zhuang4 Nan2 of Section 5. Hey, now I call you all strong men already, so you must carry more chairs the next time we need to lay PIE ok?


With MF and XY a la POM.


MF, XY and Alex.

No comments: