Friday, December 03, 2004

the blankness of my blog

i shudder to look at the blankness of my blog, for it reflects the blankness of my mind.

snapshots from my life:

10. Watching the magnificent sweep of a tree-lined avenue as I careen down the road to NIE, and suddenly the revelation that I miss the place too - for it reminds me of halcyon student days when the world and I were yet young.

9. Missing talking to my friends. Try hard as I might, I cannot pretend that I enjoy solitude.

8. Racing the rat race, knowing that I am just a step from falling off the wheel, and that it is only God's grace that keeps me on - that by my own strength I would be lagging far far far behind. Yet, knowing that there is still an indeterminable distance to run, I need to rely on Him even more.

7. Straining behind the double curtains at Logis to catch the words that Pst Robb Thompson spoke. Let the revelations sink into my soul, Lord - servanthood and humility. Amen.

6. She cried across the table from me that night.. A shock, because I had always imagined her strong and unfailing. As I reached my tentative hand across the table, I wanted more than anything else to be able to share that burden. Because I feel for you as a leader and as a friend. And I'm sorry if the revelation came a little late.. I hope I have made some progress. =)

5. The lights searing my eyes as I walk past the gates of the church. Perhaps this is what the entrance of heaven is like?

4. Not wanting to stop singing.. Your Name is like honey on my lips ~ Your Spirit like water to my soul ~ Your Word is a lamp unto my feet ~ Jesus I love You, I love You ~ and meaning it with every fiber of my being.

3. Liu and Lin becoming Matthew and Leah. How the world has changed. =)

2. The wind in my hair of late, always blowing it in the wrong direction. Yes, the Holy Spirit's reminding me to renew my mind, I say!

1. Blogging for perhaps the last time in two weeks - for in 41 hours (and counting) I'll be on the plane to SF. Hey hey hey! =)

watch the blankness of my blog.

No comments: