Saturday, April 04, 2009

025: I Live for Moments Like These


"There will be 2 challenges for the month of APRIL. For the first challenge of April, I have decided to keep thing simple. On your layout, we would like to see some CUTTING !!! ie: Cut out the flowers on that beautiful pattern paper plus, we would like you to use the following as part of your layout -scalloped edge paper -buttons -photo corners Dateline : 15th April 2009"

Yes.. Keep things simple is good for people like me who have zero inspiration whatsoever!!

I don't think I have ever done so much cutting for an LO before.. hurhur.

Papers: MME Confetti (orange), Tinkering Ink Botanical Bliss (brown flower patterns), Sassafrass Lass Life Is Beautiful - Vintage Yummy Memory Lane for the circles, random flocked paper from Spotlight for the red flourishes, DCWV Urban Rhapsody die-cut mat pad, Hambly's transparency - small graph, SEI Poppy-Sarong and black flower-edged cutouts paper from SL's July 2008 kit.
Alphas: AC Thickers - Sprinkles vinyl, pasted on purple cardstock from DCWV and cut out around the alphas. Other than that, everything else on label writer tape.
Embellishments: Very few!! Hurhur. One of my most "economical" LO so far.. Flowers from Prima & Kaiser Craft, brad from Kaiser craft, Buttons from random shop in AMK, photo corners from a RAK from Tiffany. I am actually not very big on photo corners so I was kind of scratching my head on the last requirement for MR#6. Luckily Tiffany passed me the glitter die cuts last week and they are put to good use here.

I like this photo alot because its somehow very rare to find nice photos of Sophie and me together. Either I look weird or she looks blur (as in, motion blur). In fact this is one of the only few photos together with her that I like. Taken during CNY 2009, explains the very reddish colour tone.

No comments: