Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Diversions

People often comment that i have strange ways of amusing myself, relaxing myself and destressing myself.

Instead of vegging out in front of the TV, immersing myself in the content of VCDs, DVDs and the latest on HBO, I instead choose reading, doing jigsaw puzzles, games like Bejeweled, Farm Hustle, Sudoku and Text Twist. All of which require brain work, and most of the time a time-limit. Most other people find these games infinitely stressful..

Why do I like to play such games? Maybe it is because..
1. They are free (hehe)
2. They are always accessible
3. There are infinite possibilities, I can play everyday and still not run out of different versions of the same games
4. They can be complete in a short (ok less than 10 min) period of time which honestly is all I can afford off work
5. I want to prove my brain is still useful in areas not related to my work (yes and amen!)
6. They allow an improvement in levels of skills ie ,I train my ability in different areas each time I play the different stuffs
7. I feel satisfaction in seeing a list of words completed, a jigsaw puzzle with every piece in place, a Sudoku with all the numbers correct - you get the idea. The C in me still applies to games.

That's the perfect 7 of reasons! haha!
(actually, I cannot think of more to make it a perfect ten, so.. too bad..)

Join me in the games sometime! =)

No comments: