Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Things that remind me of my Dad

1. Hwa Chong school song - if there was one thing he loved above all else in life, it was Hwa Chong. Dad would randomly sing the school song at times. Makes me inspired to learn it in his memory. Though I never would have otherwise even though I worked here for 7 years.

2. Seeing old men and women on the street - makes me wonder if he knew them. And makes me feel resentful that they are still here, and he is not. Similarly, seeing the Hwa Chong Board Members - I KNOW they knew my Dad. Even worse.

3. Seeing Dad's photos when I scroll through my picture albums. I still can't bring myself to look at the photos taken during the funeral, though I think someday I will be grateful for them.

4. Hearing "Butterfly Kisses" song. Don't ask me why.. it reminds me of my wedding day when he walked me down the aisle. And no, I didn't play the song at my wedding.

5. Dogs. Especially silky terriers - makes me think of Scampy and Dad having a good time in heaven.

No comments: