Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just so damn exhausted

On the 3rd day of CNY, someone told me I am working 3 jobs.. #1 teacher, #2 giving tuition, and #3 being a mummy. Even then, there was no rest for myself, my only "personal time" is probably 15 mins in the weekday mornings?? The narrow sliver of time between waking up for the day and going out to work.. Weekdays I was full time #1 + #2 and part time #3, weekends full time #3 and trying to sneak in part time #1 when I can manage it.

On the 4th day of CNY, whole world turned upside down when my dad passed away suddenly of a heart attack. Was handling all the arrangements, with some last-minute requests by Mum thrown in, as well as entertaining guests, arranging overseas relatives arrivals / departures, staying up at night to 守夜.. no one else to do all these since I am the only child!!

After all the funeral arrangements, I now realised I have a 4th job.. that of a "child minder" to my all-alone mum who is now my "3rd child".. albeit one with the ability to make irrational decisions. I've to micro manage my mum's schedule, making sure she is not left alone, making sure she eats and sleeps, trying not to let her drive around herself - her driving is DAMN SCARY now that she is so distracted and depressed - spending as much time with her as possible.. which means running back and forth from Yew Tee to Upper Thomson to Bukit Timah since my mum does not want to move out of my parents place.

And please add, on top of that, I have *so many* things to catch up on work as I was away for those days, which happen to be just after CNY hols.. meaning that I have not seen some of my students for 2 weeks already!! Argh!!

How to survive!!

No comments: