Sophie's birthday is coming soon and she is mega excited over it. The girl keeps talking about it!! Haha!
What we're going to do differently from her 1st birthday party:
1. Self catering!! Being abit ambitious here.. we will get the respective grandmas to cook some food and make finger foods for the little kids to eat.
2. TWO playrooms! One for the small kids (12 months and below, in Zoe's room) and one for the bigger kids in Sophie's room. With different toys and activities.
3. Themed party! ZOO is the theme and I've gotten animals decor, animals door gifts, animal themed activities.
4. Big cake rather than cupcakes. Little Miss has been going on about her birthday cake too and I thought it would a nice idea for her to cut the cake herself.
5. Trim the guestlist to (mostly) parents with kiddies. I realised that adults without kids tend to get kind of bored at kiddie parties, which is why I've seldom attended a kiddie party when I didn't have kids!
What we're going to do the same:
1. Balloons! Miss Mouse's love.
2. Brazenly post up a wishlist for presents!
Little Miss has a great liking for:
1. Things to draw on (think washable markers, colouring books, Magna Doodle)
2. Stickers (which Mummy hopes to combine with educational materials - think books)
3. Pretend play (cooking , cleaning, being inside her house)
4. Toy cars (the big one in the nursery which we put her into) - I think the liking will also translate to tricycles and / or bicycles
1. NO NOISY TOYS (ahem ahem)
2. Toys that require input from the child (eg. Lego - those are basic building blocks and the child has to exert creativity to put them all together - and it can be used to build up so many things)
3. Casual clothes for the next 1 year
4. The ever fail safe VOUCHERS - NTUC is excellent, Capitalland is good, Kiddy Palace is good too.