Saturday, July 18, 2009

I managed what I thought impossible

.. building up enough milk supply to TBF Zoe =)

With Sophie, I never managed to TBF her, it was always partial FM and my BM was always "out of stock". The best I ever managed was 1 formula feed per day, and that was only for a really short period of time because my supply dropped like crazy once I went back to work. Didn't help that there were 10 new mummies (yeah, productive workplace!) in 2008, it was literally dash-in-and-pump-whatever-you-can-in-20-mins every day. And bf-ing does not come easy for me, in order to pump out less than 100ml of milk takes me up to 2 hours?? Somehow I just don't have letdowns easily when on the pump.

And yes, it was pretty depressing thinking that somehow I am not doing enough as a mummy because I had insufficient milk supply.

This round, I was more determined and more willing to endure the discomfort and inconvenience of bf-ing. I've never actually liked the process, btw. I find it freaking boring, not to mention painful! And messy with milk dripping all over the place. But knowing that breastmilk is good for the babies, I've tried to perservere with more pumping, more latching on and it paid off.

Finally, today, 17th July 2009, 41 days after she is born, I'm proudly able to say that I can TBF Zoe.

And of course, to celebrate, I did an LO! Hehe!
049: TBF @41D

Innocuous picture.. hehe.. I mean, cannot put picture of myself really breastfeeding right?? That would be a super 见不得人 LO! I would be too paisay to let anyone see!

Cutouts! Halfway through the cutting I was thinking wth I got myself into. Sigh. It took me ages to finish cutting up! And yes, all cutouts from one piece of paper, Basic Grey Junebug (Broken China) I *heart* my Junebug range!! I am so on a roll to do LOs using the Junebug papers.. plenty of ideas floating around my head man.

Journalling reads - 41: the number of days of pumping, self-psyching, downing pills to do what I thought I could never do: TBF my #2. well this just goes to show, all things are possible, never give up!

I kind of regret not putting the lovely doilies paper on top of the blue CS, but too late to regret after doing in all the details. Somehow the blue CS just looks too plain =(

Papers: Blue CS from DCWV, Basic Grey Junebug (Broken China), K & Company Que Sera Tag pad (orange)
Alphas: American Crafts Foam Thickers in Daiquiri White, Doodlebug Loopy Love Alphas in white
Embellies: Basic Grey June Bug cardstock stickers (red flourishes), Colorbok Friendly Forest flocked stickers (red flowers), random buttons, Basic Grey June Bug Olio Rubons (red on tag and navy blue on CS), blue tag from SL August 2008 kit, Fancy Pants rubons in Journal it (orange on tag), white ribbon from a past SL kit that I cannot for the life of me recall which
Effects: Sewing on the edges of the Broken China paper

Hey wait.. this is 049.. where is 048??
Hehe.. That's a story for another day.. *hopping around excitedly*

No comments: