Friday, July 03, 2009

046: K is for Kong Kong

K is the first letter of the alphabet mat Sophie learned to recognize as "K" for Kong Kong. Eventually she got to "P" for Papa, "M" for Mama, "Z" for Zoe, etc.

Words she can say now:
1. Papa (first word!)
2. Kong Kong (though she pronounces it more like Geng Geng)
3. Tita (Filipino for Aunty - my maid)
4. Mama (I think she means me but G insists it means his mum! Damn.. I am the last person to be acknowledged by my own daughter lor.)
5. Nen Nen (Argh.. she calls my breasts but not me!)
6. Popo (only once or twice)
7. Meimei (only once!!)
8. Uh (I think its her approximation for UP = upstairs, the room where G and I sleep. She has a recent fascination with climbing stairs and will always point up and shout "Uh" at the same time to indicate she wants to go up)

So, LO for FIL's birthday was inspired by the K is for Kong Kong.. May I say I didn't knoe what else to title?? I am not really close to my FIL and do not talk to him a lot. And this had to be a simple quick LO squeezed out in between attending to either screamer jiejie or yeller meimei = no time to think!


Paper: Cardstock from American Crafts Neutrals
Alphas: Doodlebug Loopy Love (red), Making Memories Felt Alphas (blue), Making Memories Tiny Alphas (white and black), large blue chipboard K from a long-ago RAK from Wati
Embellishments: Prima rubons, Prima Say It in Crystals Swirls in pink, lace doily from random shop in Toa Payoh ($2.50 for 50 pieces!! Cheaps!!), buttons from Autumn Leaves Bag-o-Buttons Techno Pop, Maya Road A Year to Remember Sheers with the date of FIL's birthday (July 1) outlined in KaiserCraft blings, Date sticker from October Afternoon Cherry Hill Cardstock stichers, rectangular artisan clear overlay from My Little Yellow Bicycle Love Letters Clear Cuts.
Effects: Painted edges of CS in MM paints (Cantaloupe and Deep Coral from the Fresh Anthology range). Tried to paint in handprints of S and Z (lower left corner) but it looked so ugly that I covered up with a rubon!

No comments: