Monday, February 02, 2009

020: Epicure

Belated post with pictures taken on my birthday celebration last year.

Perhaps it had to do with the recent "spring-cleaning" of my papers to bring to Laine's for paper exchange.. basically they'll take 20 pieces of any old papers and exchange it for a $10 voucher - the 20 pieces of old papers are for workshops for charity. While looking through the papers buried in my Cropper Hopper (loves!) I found a Teresa Collins piece from the Bon Appetit range.. that got me started.

There is a small 4 x 6 mini-album on the page to showcase all the photos of the food. Its an accordion album and I got the idea from Scarlet Lime's project kit page for August. Yes, so outdated! I know!

Mini album cover:
It says dinnertime! Heh. I had not enough letter "N" left for this font set, so had to be creative (and "kiam siap" at the same time) - I cut out the outline of the letter N and stick it onto white cardstock. =P
The place we had dinner was Hangout Hotel at Mt Emily.

Page 1:
Wild Rocket, the restaurant's name, and the starter we shared (roast pumpkin wild rocket salad with feta cheese).

Page 2:
The main courses (duck confit for G and ribeye for me), plus what was left after we mopped up the food. Accessories to murder: the fork, knife and spoon haha.

Page 3 (the flipside page of the accordion album):
How could any meal I eat possibly NOT include dessert? Especially, chocolate dessert. =P
Kueh buloh tiramisu with espresso ice cream for G and my warm chocolate cake.
The last pic is actually kind of "out" cos it was the birthday cake-cookie from my parents, not eaten in the same sitting with the rest, but hey its the only thing that said Happy Birthday Ming!

Credits:
Cardstocks: White and orange
Paper: Utensils from Bon Appetit range by Teresa Collins, Secret Garden from Pocket full of Rosies by Sassafrass Lass, journalling frames from Bam Pop! (forgot which range)
Alphas: AC Thickers Sprinkles and Remarks Sarah Script, Doodlebug Hopscotch, Making Memories tiny letters
Embellishments: 7Gyspies gaffer tape and Unique 97% complete stickers, Hambly Screen Prints Frame Wallpaper overlays, AC Thickers Vera Accents and Subway Accents, lots of stuff from Dorcas' RAK (ribbon, brads, assorted flowers, buttons and arrows), Scenic Route Ashville labels cardstock stickers, Heidi Swapp ghost clock, paper clips from I forgot where.

Sidetrack: I am super in love with PhotoScape - the new photo editing software I've recently tried. Its good, fast, easy to use and best of all FREE! Search it at download.com.

No comments: