Monday, December 29, 2008

017: Play Date #1 / Altered Art Christmas

Miss Mouse has had a few playdates with James so far. Used the series of pictures I took during one of them to do an LO (I promise myself its the last LO for the year!) for Challenge 02 at Moments Recorded. I ended up getting rather carried away and had plenty of "jia yan jia cu (add salt add vinegar)" to the actual requirements of the challenge which were:

For the T & Cs for this themed challenge
You need to use:
  • 4 patterned papers (of which one can be used as a base instead of a cardstock)

  • 3 photos (or more if you want)

  • Chipboard Alphas (Time to bring those Thickers out)

  • Buttons (Any amount is up to you)

  • Stamps! (I'm sure most of us have stamps either from sprees or the kits we sub to)
Ah well.
Since when have my LOs not been over-the-top? Lol.

One day, I should take part a challenge that states "ONLY" - like you can ONLY use x types of embellishments etc. I sure die. Heh.

Here goes the fullsize:

And close ups:
Its not very visible unless you look really really closely, but the yellow swirls on the page are a mixture of cut outs from American Crafts Moda Bella paper from Scarlet Lime's August kit, and yellow vinyl thickers from the same kit. Cutting the paper was enough to kill me! But it had to be done to fulfil the requirement for 4 pattern papers. Ah well.

I'm going to be lazy with the ingredients list and state that almost everything comes from the Scarlet Lime August kit! Heh. With a few notable exceptions - the super cute bubble speech captions from some randon sticker pack at Spotlight, aqua chipboard alphas from a long-ago RAK from Wati, buttons mostly from Autumn Leaves Mod Techno-pop bag-o-buttons, big pink flower button from another long-ago RAK from Sophia, upper right hand corner flourish from Autumn Leaves Heather Bailey chipboards, # sign from Scenic Route, "1" from American Crafts vinyl Sprinkles thickers, black and pink ribbons from Imaginisce Lavishly Latin collection, yellow ribbon, small butterfly paper and bracket sticker from Scarlet Lime's July kit.

And yes, you did not read wrongly, Scarlet Lime's July and August kits. Oops. Shows how behind I am! The rest of the kits are still untouched given my stubborn penchant for not moving on until the previous one(s) are completely used up.

Disclaimer: The conversation between James and Sophie exists in my head only. I'm sure James ain't "sian-ing" zharbor at such a young age. Heh. But it was just too cute to resist putting those speech bubbles in!


Prior to this, I was very very busy over the pre-Christmas period making altered stuff for gifts. Made coasters for my ushers, notebooks for friends and CG members, and other, more Christmassy-looking notebooks for door gifts. Nearly killed myself being ambitious to make these but boy I really think they look good!

Coasters:
Did close to 60 pieces of these over 7.5 hours, with plenty of help from 4S1 and 4S5 ics. Zhng'd some pieces on the back with cutouts or rubons - those really nearly killed me. Have I mentioned I hate cutting yet??

Front courtesy of circle cutters, Autumn Leaves Stampology stamps, Spotlight christmas tree stickers and Vivian's Revo (hehe). Back courtesy of more Autumn Leaves Stampology stamps (I swear I love their stamps so much!), "Blessings for you" stamp from Laine's, and Autumn Leaves rub-ons. Yes, I am a huge AL fan, how would you have guessed??

Notebooks (personalized):
Zhng notebooks from Campus series - super hard to find! Only found at A&NBC stores and absolutely nowhere else. Argh.

I took this series of photos only after giving the majority of my notebooks away (and I am kicking myself for it evermore):
This is the favourite of the books I had remaining then.

1/3 of the total I made clustering behind ade's book. Yupp, I was very ambitious.

Ingredients vary from book to book, but are mainly Hamblys birdcage screenprints, Prima Pop Ups paper flowers and birds, Sassafrass Lass Woodland Creatures chipboard stickers, various types of AC thickers and ribbons, and AC Remarks stickers which suited beautifully as they were printed on transparent background.

Notebooks (door gifts):
Much more Christmassy. Much simpler. But yet still pretty nice looking. =)
This round, being unable to get any more Campus notebooks, I fell to zhng'ing notebooks from Muji. Turned out to be a very good decision!

Much thanks to Fancy Pants Christmas collection papers, Scenic Route Christmas chipboards and cardstocks, s.e.i Holly Lane mini coasters, Autumn Leaves Holly Jolly ribbons, and the ubiquitous AL Christmas stamps!

No comments: