Friday, September 12, 2008

013: Beloved Child

A little monochrome coming up...

Holy Spirit brought this verse to mind in remembrance, that I am His beloved child; indeed I never understood how significant that verse is until I have a child of my own. No matter what she does, what she demands, I will definitely set aside everything else to cater to her needs and the only reward I need is to see her smile light up.

Yeah so its "beloved child" but the pic is of me, not Sophie. Heh.


Verse: Matthew 3:17 - my beloved child in whom I am well pleased

Journalling 1: Every day I live I know You are my God, I lift my face and look to You my Lord; even when the mountains tremble and a thousand fall, I will stand with You, my Jesus, take my all. (lyrics from the song whose title I don't know.. oops.. also the song that can soothe Sophie to sleep)

Journalling 2: I never fully understood the depth of love those words convey until I became a mother. No matter the unreasonable and unseasonable requests, the whining and the yelling, all Sophie has to do is reach her arms out to me and all is instantly forgiven. And such is the love of God.

A very monochrome layout - I wanted to add on some colour after I'd finished but am still trying to fit it into my messy messy page.

Credits:
Batik collection pp and bicycle tag from Wati's RAK; Teresa Collins damask die-cuts; Making Memories journalling notepad; Hambly transparency frame; alphas are variously stamped/from American Crafts Thickers [Platforms]/K & Co/Making Memories and label writer tape; Around the Block big metal brads; Maya Road Microchips Hearts; heart brad from Queen & Co; Believe metal embellishment from Blue Moon Beads; Pink Paislee Press-Ons; 7G gaffer tape [Measurement]; Making Memories clear jelly frames; white flower button from Sophia's RAK; Imaginisce mirrored flowers; Heidi Swapp Clear Runway Extras and ghost butterfly; Prima Say It in Crystals [Swirls]; velvet flower brad from I can't remember where. And mucho mucho Stickles!

No comments: