Sunday, July 13, 2008

10: this is: Happiness / 001 I Love Your House

Here goes Sophie's #10 scrapbook page. 10 down, 10 more to go to fill up her lovely little album.. and its already bursted full and can't be closed! Cos I am crazy over texture and always have stuff that pops out of the page (i heart mounting tape!) Oops.. I guess I need to find a post extender for this album le. =P

This pic was taken some time ago one morning when she was in a very good mood. She is a morning baby and always like to laugh and smile. She was being held in my MIL's arms (one of her favourite places to be!) and G took a series of shots. Managed to think of an LO to scrap this first one into. I got my inspiration from this LO:
(from autumn leaves website - one of my *heart!* suppliers)

here is my take:

Its so pinky isn't it?? I'm trying to use up the pinky papers I have from my Melissa Frances SB kit. hehe. Used a pink checked to mat the photo and a Heidi Grace paper as the 8 x 8.

Tried decoupage for the first time on the tag - though I didn't have enough scrap pieces of paper to cover the tag, so I used a KCK ribbon (which I had no idea how to use initially!) to wrap the other 1/2 of it. Actually turned out not bad! But its so thick I had to mount the photo on double layer of mounting tape |||-_- just to get the tag to fit underneath.

I think the lace flowers are turning out to be my fave SB embellishment so far. They appeared on every page I scrap since buying them! hehe. Should go and get more..

Back of tag. My chicken scratches reads: "Laughing and cooing in grandma's arms. Always so easy to make you smile.. our happy baby. June 2008"
Mm, seems like I am fascinated by tags recently. Done 3 so far on all past 3 of Sophie's layouts. Hehe.

Also did my very first non-baby layout on a 12x12 page! Dedicated it to my church, CHC.
Words at top of page read, "I love your house, its where your glory dwells", and the words at the bottom reads "I love the atmosphere at Jurong West church hall. So homely and so anointed. Indeed the glory dwells there! How I miss Your house. Its where people come, into Your love, yes I'm going to tell the world - How awesome is this place!"

Those of you in CHC long enough will recognise the pictures.. they are part of a 3 postcard series that was given out when we first shifted into JW> yeah boy they are THAT old. hehe. I'm slowly digging out my old stuff to put into SB. The "queue" line is very long le.. I wanna scrap on my 2 BFF, my dog, my "history" with G, my ex-students, my own younger photos, my overseas trips, etc etc etc. Gosh!!

Ingredients:
10 this is: Happiness
8 x 8 background paper from Heidi Grace (cut from a 12x12)
Photo mat from MF kit (cut from an 8x8)
Bottom border from Heidi Grace strips paper
Random ribbons from cupboard
"Laugh" metal tag from KQ
You are my Sunshine chipboard sticker and cloth butterfly a RAK from Dorcas at CAM
Ribbon across page and wrapped around tag from KCK
Buttons from AMK and Queen & Co
Paper tag from Spotlight, decoupaged with more Heidi Grace paper and DCWV pink cardstock.
Acrylic word sticker from Joann scrap essentials
Rubons from Melissa Frances Vintage transfers, Love Elsie Jack and Abby
Ribbon slide from Joann scrap essentials
Pink bracket from Heidi Swapp glossy chipboard
Happiness alphas from American Craft Thickers (Leg warmers in green felt)

001 I Love Your House
12 x 12 patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket Storytime collection
Rubon alphas from Artfriend, Melissa Frances Vintage transfers, One Heart One Mind.
Cardstock alphas from Heidi Grace
Chipboard alphas from K&Company - and I jazzed them up with blings teehee -bimbo-
Arrow from October Afternoon Detour
Making History tag from Making Memories
Acetate tag from Spotlight
Dove brad from KQ; blue flower brad from Tiffany
I'll be Home for Christmas sticker from Cosmo Cricket Holidays Alpha sticker book

No comments: