Friday, June 13, 2008

Scrapbook Pages #5, 6, 7 (Miracle, Fatherhood, Gramps)

Scrapping till no time to put up. So here's 3 pages plus cover embellishment at one shot!

Page 5: Miracle
I made a conscious effort to focus on words for this page. So the background paper and most of the decor and embellishments are word related. I love the word "miracle" font, its from Heidi Swapp at Spotlight. I heart all her rub-ons!

Work in progress shot. The black cardstock letters from Heidi Grace at Spotlight are very pretty. There is a faint cross hatch pattern that is very understated. Unfortunately they are poorly die cut and its very frustrating to have to very carefully cut and pull them out. Which explains the ragged edges of the letters "o" and "p". I even had to stick a heart sticker on the "o" to disguise the raggedy-ness. Sigh. The fabric tag for "homemade" was bought from Spotlight as well - their fabric tags were going at $2 per pack, buy lor!! =)

This is also my favourite shot of Sophie so far. Doesn't she look so happy and cheerful here?

Complete work. As usual after taking the final shot I decided to kaypoh and added on two small charms. Teehee. But as usual, too lazy to retake the shot..

Ingredients:
1 8"x8" pink paper with words in background
1 x 4R shot of Sophie (uncropped)

1 x rub-on from Heidi Swapp at Spotlight (Miracle)

1 x cardstock alphas from Heidi Grace at Spotlight

1 x fabric tag from Spotlight

2 x charms from Queen & Co at Made With Love
5 x stickers from 7Gypsies 97% Baby @ MWL
Lots of tape



Page 6: Fatherhood
Decided to give G an early Father's Day surprise. Of course, it mean I have to do it while both he and Sophie are asleep.. in the wee hours of the morning.. zzzzzzzz.

This is the first page in which I did not use the ready made 8 x 8 pages that came with the scrapbook kit. As they were all pink, its kind of hard to find anything that can match a "Fatherhood" theme. So I cut down a 12 x 12 page to size. I realised it is quite hard to find 8 x 8 pages in Singapore. Sigh.


I am quite proud of the framed picture of G and S! The frame is raised above the picture and ribbons and word stickers are used to embellish it. Although it look very plain it took me a very long time to figure out how to get it done! The "changing the diaper" sticker is stuck on the frame, not the picture, so its elevated above the pic too. Heh.

Because most of my stuff is pink and girly. I have very little suitable embellishments for this page! So thats why the big blank space in the middle. I have seen some SB styles that are like this too. Personally i think its not too bad either.

Completed shot. 16.03.08 is the date the picture is taken when S is 10 days old. The text on the small tag reads:
" a few precious moments in a day.. cuddling our little Sophie is his favourite way of stress relief!"
Amazingly I got this tag from a small shop at Coronation Plaza, right next to where I work. There is a shop on the 2nd floor that sells stamps and a small assortment of SB stuff. It has been there for ages but I just never had a chance to go in before. Wahaha.. Next time I can go SB shopping while getting my lunch le.

Ingredients:
1 12"x12" Baby Girl Chitchat paper from Cloud 9 Design @ Creative Hands (cut down to 8 x 8 size)
1/4 size of 4R shot of Sophie and Gary. Our local photo developer can print 4 or 9 pictures into a 4R size. So its good for getting small photos when you don't want your pic to overwhelm the entire LO.

1 x cardstock alphas from Heidi Grace at Spotlight
5 x stickers from 7Gypsies 97% Baby and Fatherhood @ MWL
1 x ribbon from Melissa Frances scrapbook kit
1 x cardstock tag from some shop on Coronation Plaza's 2nd floor
1 x rub-on from Baby Girl by Cloud 9 @ Creative Hands
1 x flower from Kaiser Crafts @ Spotlight
4 x tiny basic metallic brads from Spotlight


Page 7: Grandparents
I've get myself into "political trouble" with this page.. hoho.. as the picture are all of my parents! I don't have any nice picture of G's parents lah. In fact the only photo of G's dad with S is during her 1mth celebration in which she was screaming her head off. Sigh. Not a very good photo to put in lor.. I guess I shall have to hide this page from my PILs till I do up a page with their pics too. Heh.

The idea for the embellishment started with a sheet of Grandparents sticker from BoBunny at MWL. The cardstock stickers are very one-dimensional feel. So I decided to spice it up with ribbons, crystals, a gold heart brad and a mounted cardstock alpha. The sequence in which I should put all these things on took me forever to figure out.

Detailed view of the cardstock sticker with embellishments added on. I added more embellishments on the right side - you will be able to see from the complete picture.

Now I have a problem with layout for this one as I have 3 small pics of the grandparents. Finally I decided to put my mum and dad's individual picture next to the "grandparents" sticker and the picture with all of them together at the bottom. As there is alot of space, I decided to try out journalling on a Hambly transparency overlay on a piece of plain vellum. It was quite intimidating as I actually run out of things to write halfway. It would be so weird to leave it half blank thought so I just continued blabbing till the lines finished. Haha. I must say the effect is quite nice though.

Here is the final layout. I think it looks abit crowded, would have been better if the Hambly was smaller. But overall still OK lah. This has overtaken Flourish as the longest layout it took me to do! Total of 3 hours plus! Whew!

Ingredients:
1 12"x12" Baby Girl Stripes paper from Creating Keepsakes @ Creative Hands (cut down to 8 x 8 size)
2 x 1/4 size of 4R shot of Sophie and my parents, and 1 x 1/9 shot.

1 x cardstock alphas from Heidi Grace at Spotlight
1 x metal flower brad from KCK @ MPH
3 x heart shaped brads from Popular
Round and square shaped crystals from AMK central
5 x Grandparent stickers from BoBunny @ MWL
10 x Fab Fabric stickers from SEI @ Popular
2 x ribbon from my cupboard (red one from cupboard, white lace from Vintage Hip Trims by Making Memories @ MWL)
2 x buttons from Queen @ Co @ MWL
1 x ang pow paper as the background for photo and the gold bird
1 x Hambly transparency overlay @ MWL
1 x vellum from Popular


Finally.. the cover embellishment!
Added a small cover embellishment with the spare paper from cutting down 12 x 12 papers.
Used a "made in heaven" sticker that came together with the kit as well as some flowers. And a very cute "Baby" gumdrop that I got from the shop in Coronation. =)


Ingredients:
1 x circular paper from cutting down Baby Girl Chichat page
1 x Made in Heaven sticker from Melissa Frances scrapbook kit
3 x flowers from Kaiser Craft @ Spotlight
1 x flower button from Spotlight
1 x punched out flower using Craft Punch
1 x epoxy brad from Kaiser Craft @ Creative Hands
1 x Baby gumdrop from Coronation Plaza

Yeah! End of scrapping bonanza. Hehehe. Its going to be a long while before I can put up so many at one shot anymore as the school holidays are ending soon. Sigh..

No comments: