Thursday, January 17, 2008

2.5@33

Went to the gynae yesterday for 33-week checkup.

She's now a top-of-the-range 2.5kg, equivalent to 5.5 pounds.

My gosh that was my weight when I was born at full term!

It's a jump of almost 1kg since the last time I went to see the doc 3 weeks ago at 30 weeks. He did warn me that babies are supposed to put on more than half their body weight in the final trimester. He also predicted that she will be a minimum of 3.2kg when she comes out. Others guesstimate up to 4kg. Wahaha. I shall continue to believe for my girl to be between 3.0 to 3.5kg.

Ironically, as she will be born in the year of the rat, we've nicknamed her "little mousie". Looks like she's going to be one enormous mouse. =)

Meanwhile, she has turned head down but has not engaged into the pelvis yet. The placenta position has moved up, which is great since it's no longer low-lying which may affect the chance for a natural delivery.

On the naming front, the jury's still out on the Chinese name.
Eek! 7 weeks to go and we have not decided yet?? Erps.. Friends who don't even have children yet have told us they have decided on all the names for all their possible future kids. And here we are with no firm idea. Hoho.. Any votes / suggestions for Chinese names, anyone??

No comments: