Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Things I have learnt in 24 weeks

1. Baby stuff is expensive.
2. Mummy stuff too.
3. Treasure personal time, private time, overseas trips, hanging out with friends - will be such a rare luxury in future. Above all, treasure sleep!!!
4. Back aches, leg aches, toes ache. Everything aches.
5. Itchery, scritchery and twitchery has progressed to a thumpery, soon a punchery. But I think I will miss being a punching bag after.

There was one night when I was back in my own room in Yew Tee - it just reminds me of the days when I was single and so much less responsibilities and commitments.
I just started crying and crying and couldn't stop myself.
Thinking of all the things I am going to miss out on.
Wondering if I know what I am getting into, if I can shoulder the responsibility, do i have the patience to handle it all.
Relinquishing (or at least stuffing it at the back of the cupboard) my own identity awhile to take on the new role.. Indeed I can understand why J hated to have people talk about baby to her all the time. It feels like you're invisible, when ironically you're so much bigger and in-their-face than ever.
I even found myself despairing if I could fit into my old clothes and shoes again after. Wahaha.

I don't quite feel like this is all worth it. Yet.
Hopefully that day will come. Soon.

No comments: