Monday, April 23, 2007

Two Prawns and a Stork

Once upon a time, there were two prawns who lived on the bottom of the sea. They were best buddies and their names were John and Christian. They swam everywhere together, hung out together and generally did all the prawny things that prawns do.

John and Christian generally had a very happy life, bar only one worry: They were afraid of sharks, because sharks eat prawns. So whenever a shark swam by, John and Christian would hide for fear of being eaten.

One day, John the prawn was swimming along by himself when he saw a codfish stuck under a rock. Being a very kind prawn, John decided to help the cod out of its predicament and began tugging and struggling with the rock. Soon, the cod was free.

"Oh thank you for your kindness in helping me," the cod said. "I am a powerful cod. Let me grant you a wish in return."

John gave the matter some thought. Finally, he replied:

"I know. Make me into a shark, please. I have been hiding from sharks all my life and I don't want to be bullied by them anymore."

"Sure!" And the cod turned John into a shark.

John excitedly swam back to the prawns' hangout to look for Christian, his best buddy. However, Christian hid when John came near - after all, John was now a shark, Christian's worst fear! No matter how many times John came to look for Christian, Christian would always hide and refuse to see John.

John became angry, depressed and lonely. He thought long and hard about his situation and came to the conclusion: He would have to find the cod again, and ask to be restored.

Well one day, lo and behold, John the shark spotted the self-same cod stuck under another rock. (Seems like this cod had a rock fetish but no, let's not go into that...) Very pleased, John the shark rushed over and freed the cod. As expected, the cod granted John another wish and John immediately asked to be turned back into a prawn.

John, now restored to his prawn form, headed straight for Christian's.

"Christian! Christian! Where are you?? I'm John and I'm back to see you!"

"No! John! Why can't you understand?" the hidden Christian yelled. "We can't be friends anymore - You are a shark and I am a prawn!"

Whereupon John shouted: "No! YOU don't understand! I met COD, I'm a PRAWN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN!!!








(long pause for the silence of incomprehension to pass)

OMG SO LAME RIGHT?????

"I met GOD, I'm a BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN!!!"



Wait a minute, then how does the Stork come into the story?

Ah.

The story, above, courtesy of 4S5 resident Stork, Jingxuan.

Teehee.

No comments: