Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The holidays sap me of energy... the absence of normal routine, the I-can-do-what-I-like-whenever-I-like-because-I-have-no-fixed-deadlines mentality starts to seep in and I find myself more unproductive than ever before. Bah.
Or perhaps its just the flu I've caught that makes me want to slack, sleep and generally spend the day in idleness.

Boo! I have so much more time, but yet so much less gets done. To the the extent I can't even be bothered to blog.

Sheesh. So here goes for a longlong series of updates, should blog while I have the energy and outrage to.

________________________________________

Hackers and Viruses et al get more and more inventive lately. I opened my email this morning to a slight panic as I saw a message from some "circuitcity.com" place that claimed I had bought a Sony VAIO to the tune of 2000plus dollars. One of those hoaxes again, I assume. My slight panic turned fullblown as I googled the sending address and found that there was a genuine internet electronics company by such a name. Oh dear.

But suspiciously enough, the email contained no credit card details nor sending details. Just genuine looking enough, but just generic enough that the same email could have been sent to anyone in the world and it could probably have elicited the same response. And it had the (very convenient!) disclaimer that
"Please do not reply as this email was sent from our automated confirmation system."
Smells very fishy to me.

I emailed circuitcity.com telling them of my suspicions and am now awaiting their reply.

________________________________________

The past few days have been completely dreary, with the weather turning threatening in the early afternoon and clearing up to a drenched twilight. How helpfully cheerful to someone stuck at home for the next month or so. Bah.

________________________________________

On the bright side, christmas shopping has started! Woohoo! I have a longer list than ever to look out for this year, so I'm getting myself into the christmas mood by trawling online auctions, shopping malls and all for pressies for the near and dear ones. =) Bah instead of selling my things on yahoo auctions to raise money, I end up buying stuff and spending.

Hm. Flea marketing anybody? Calling Juan, Jan, Raine, Cass and anyone who might be interested! yoohoo!!!

At least the yahoo auctions thingy and the need to make christmas cards and pressies has started me on clearing up my room. It started from the realization that I had no idea where my stencilling sets were, and is now evolving into a fullblown 天翻地覆 of said room, trying to root out all my useful stuff and dump the dust-collectors. Oh well. Might as well do it when my parents are not around and they won't get a fit at the amount of nonsense i have accumulated. All the better for letting the rubbish spill out of my room too. Yay.

No comments: