Monday, June 05, 2006

.. to FLATTENED.

My gosh I admire all my usher friends more and more each time we band together to do big events. No matter how exhausting, how stretching and how long-drawn-out, we rise to the occasion magnificently. Goodness when Pastor was talking about he could have EMERGE every day of the week I bet you the first thing running thru our collective minds was "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! we are so tired!" but I have no doubts we would have made it happen anyway. Anointing from God is what it takes, is what makes our combined efforts more than the sum of their parts.

Main take-home lesson from this EMERGE: Being a Daniel in the marketplace. An update of the concept "in the world but not of the world". Many read it as being simply physically ON the earth - - nope, sorry, it's about being immersed in, relevant to and excelling at your situation AND yet staying Kingdom-centered in order to be the light that shines. (woah what a long sentence =) yeah modern vs contemporary.

OK am going off to make my way back across the sunny island state to SingEx to continue the Big Move. Packed last night, so freaking tired till i fell asleep halfway thru eating. Aneh pai kwa. Sigh. Now going for the moving and unpacking. God give me strength, You know I need it.

be back soon...

No comments: