Wednesday, February 15, 2006

mwah vawentine stowy.

iN hoNor of VawEnTiNe's dae, i juZ deCideD 2 wRiTe evRyThinG in kAwAiii fontz. WiV cuTesY sPeLlinGs N sHortForms, alTerNatE CapItaL leTTeRs N dE obLigAte 'Z', 'dE', 'N', 'heEx' &c.

Ok, I give up.

Takes effort to blog like a Lian. Heh.

Strange to blog about Valentine's day above any other because I've never thought it should be a day where love is shown above all other days. But true to the spirit of commercial romaticism, my dear's spent so much effort to make it a special day - aww, thank you dear. =)

I actually got my V day gift on Sunday, when I met my dear for dinner after church. We ate at a little hole-in-the-wall along Thomson Road called La P'tit Breton (translates to "The Small Brittany" I think) which served excellent, authentic buckwheat crepes. We had a ham complete galette and a forrestiere-cheese galette (that's ham+egg+cheese and mushroom+cheese to you), apple cider and kir breton (cider with cassis) and a butter and sugar crepe to round off a really full meal. Christian and Sabrina gave wonderful service, conversation and great food. There was even a selection of magazines and books on Brittany, from which the place derives its name. The only thing that spoiled the evening was my headache and drowsiness. =(

Both dear and I were not well on Monday. When I got home at 10+, he sounded really drowsy and distracted over the phone. I guess the Desperate Housewives TV slot from 10-11pm on Monday night doesn't improve the quality of the conversation. Heh.

Waited for a call back till midnight, thinking dear must have been too tired to call me and gone to sleep. Surprise surprise, at exactly midnight my phone rang. The fact that it was from dear's HP rather than home should have given me a clue. But no, I stupidly followed instructions to check my front door (that should have been a dead giveaway) and found a bunch of beautiful pink tulips. [My digicam cable is missing, so I can't put up pictures-wail]

The flowers appearing meant dear was around! But I was all ready for sleep already with my hair untidily bundled up on top of my head, an utterly aunty hairband crammed on to hold it in place, and a chao who-disturb-me-when-i-wanna-sleep look to boot.

Sigh. Talk about unglam. =X The sweetness is enough to overwhelm me though. =) Thank you dear for a memorable Valentine's.

No comments: