Tuesday, December 13, 2005

No spirit of Fear

Something odd happened to me last night.

As some of you might know, I am alone at home nowadays, my parents being overseas till the end of the year. At about 1+ am, as I was preparing to go to sleep, I heard the sound of my main door closing, and then subsequently the toilet door.

I thought it might be due to the wind and so I went out to check. Everything seemed normal.

After I returned to my room, I heard a male voice I had never heard before call my name, "Ming", once.

This really started to freak me out as who on earth would be calling my name at 2am in the morning? The sound seemed to come from the main door but there was no one there. Strangely enough, the first thing that came to my mind was that perhaps something had happened to my parents and I began to pray for their safety.

As I closed and locked my bedroom door, I then heard footsteps pacing back and forth. The sound was similar to someone walking with slippers on and it seemed to be coming from the living room.. A bit difficult for me to hear footsteps from the corridor outside behind 2 closed doors isn't it?

It was about 3+ by now and I was still praying and reading my Bible. I don't know how I managed to get to sleep but eventually I did and woke up this morning with everything in my house seemingly normal.

___________________________________________________________________

Some people called my tale weird, others called it spooky, one of my colleagues actually asked me if it was just a figment of my imagination.

I definitely was not dreaming though, and this has never happened before in this house.

I don't know whether that occurence was natural or supernatural, but I think in both cases I need to be really cautious. For one, if it was some person aware that I was alone at home and trying to 'prey' on me, it would not be wise to stay at home alone, given that I usually stay out quite late.

But whether supernatural or not, I need to seek my Father's guidance on what I should do. God has not given me a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind (thanks Sam for the encouragement) and indeed, rather oddly, I am not afraid. I want to find out the cause of the disturbance and deal with it if I can, or turn it over to a higher authority if I cannot.

Thanks to all those who have heard my tale in my initial moments of shock and gave advice and encouragement. Thanks Juan for helping me take my mind off this and offering to come and help to pray over my house with me.

So if you read this and you are a Christian, do help me pray for my own safety as well as for my parents, and I want to get to the bottom of this.. Hoho. =)

No comments: