Monday, November 07, 2005

The school holidays have crept up on me unannounced

.. robbing me of the jubilation that comes with anticipating a long stretch of off days. Also stripping me of the urgency to finish up stuff before the hols so that my hols can be uninterrupted, which (kind of) explains why I'm back in school again, today.

Another factor that drives me back to school is the demise of my dearly 'beloved' computer yet again. No working internet connection = run back to school to get stuff done. Drat.

At the start of the hols, of course, one always draws up a list of 'resolutions', and I am no exception. Here goes:
1. Read all the books I've been wanting to read this year. That includes finishing the Bible, too. =)
Accomplished so far: all of Harry Potter, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Tamuli by David Eddings, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, 1984 by George Orwell. Not a bad list, I must say. Heh.

2. Cleaning out my workstation and my room (ouch, ouch, ouch).
The room part has to get done by 18th Nov, when I've chope-ed a stall at flea market with my dear Jan. Aiming to sell off at least $100+ worth of stuff, and subsequently post the rest on my online yahoo auctions. Need more cash!

3. Lose weight and get a tan.
No difficulty in the 'tan' part, seeing as I'm going to Australia where it's high summer, but for the same reason the 'lose weight' part might be a bit hard to acheive. Oh well, aim for the moon and fall among the stars.. 5 kg! yeah!
For some obscure reason, too, many weddings and parties tend to be held at the end of the year. Am running myself ragged attending all; from Friday till Sunday, for instance, I attended my staff dinner, 2 weddings and a birthday celebration. Waistline Expanders 1, Ming 0.. sigh..

4. Sort, catalog and upload my various photos.
'nuff said.

5. Meet up with many dear friends whom I seldom have a chance to.
You know who you are and you know I'm 'aiming' at you.. hohoho.


Oh well.
Time to get my work out of the way anyway.. shall flop back to Excel and Word and face the mountains of stuff therein.

Came up with a quiz too, from Jan's site. And you can check your scores too.

And yes Jan, I barely passed your quiz. =P

No comments: