Thursday, October 20, 2005

House, M.D.

Recently I watched Histories, my very first episode of House (aka Dr House is in the house).


Oh my goodness, it's fantastic! I found myself sitting straighter and paying close attention to the screen while trying to figure out the cause of some woman's symptoms.

House is fantastic at piecing together random clues and no-one-would-think-of causes for patients' symtpoms. He diagnosed a tuberculoma and rabies correctly when everyone else thought ovarian cancer and meningitis. HWAH.. well done.. And I love the way he oh-so-coolly told a student doctor that she was revealing too much cleavage.

Chris: You're reading a comic book.
House: And you're calling attention to your bosom by wearing a low-cut top. Oh, I'm sorry – I thought we were having a ‘state the obvious' contest. I'm competitive by nature.

WHAT a put-down.. hahahahahaha.. Mean and evil, I like!

Excerpt from the epsiode "Maternity":

House: Lift up your arms. You have a parasite.
Jill: Like a tapeworm or something?
House: Lie back and lift up your sweater.You can put your arms down.
Jill: Can you do anything about it?
House: Only for about a month or so. After that it becomes illegal to remove, except in a couple of states.
Jill: Illegal?
House: Don’t worry. Many women learn to embrace this parasite. They name it, dress it up in tiny clothes, arrange playdates with other parasites...
Jill: Playdates…
House: (showing her sonogram) It has your eyes.

And from another episode:
Chase: We have two hours to figure this out. Either we restore the bloodflow or he loses his eye.
House: Forget the eye. Tell him to use the other one to look on the bright side.

Of course, the fact that I gush about this might just be due to the fact that medical terms and stuff have always fascinated me. Maybe I am a doctor wannabe deep inside? Hoho.. But I don't think I'm hardworking enough to see med studies through. So I'll just sit back, relax and watch House use his brains and wit to conquer the ER. =)

No comments: