Friday, September 02, 2005

what is precious, is never to forget

i have a million things to do!
But i know i'll go nuts if i simply squat in the corner and work and work and work.
so i'll blog to relieve stress
and to help me remember the pieces of my life.

okay, so..
my computer crashed again.. sheesh.. i have no idea why this always happens to me? no matter how many times I change my file systems or reinstall Windows, it'll start going all wonky in a matter of weeks. And my comp isn't even that old lor.. sigh. Maybe it has been inspired by Willy Wonka (you know, WOnky.. sheesh)
and so there i was on a thursday, teacher's day, at home and with nothing to do besides blog, and THERE went my comp! Man! I realise, yet again, how dependent i am on my computer and my net connection.. without it and the company of my dearest friend, i was hard pressed to occupy my time.

_____________________________________________

i've realised that not all bus services are created equal:
like, i was supposed to meet juan at CCK - she took 190 from Orchard and i took 67 from Hwa Chong. Should have taken us about the same time based on distance, but NO!
gee.. i reached CCK like close to half an hour after her lor.. sigh..

If i were a 67 bus driver, I'd aspire to be a 190 driver! It suddenly strikes me that there should be some sort of bus driver hierarchy - hey, the 190 drivers have everything to be snooty about, they drive a 'high-class' route through Orchard and get to travel to CCK via expressway! Whereas the poor 67 drivers have to pick up all the working stiffs like me from Tampines all the way to CCK, must be the longest route SMRT buses drive.. and no expressway.. and traffic jam all day long! *sigh..

_____________________________________________


Teacher's day celebrations and lunch were alright this year, the performance was pretty good but flower sales sucked.. i kind of felt like i was the only one thinking at the flower stall. sigh!
Lunch was at peach garden in Thomson Plaza. Not bad, the food, but super slow the service. Pretty interesting clothes at those one-off shops there too, but I managed to resist temptation for a very pretty birdy top! =) Went to Far East after and walked around, found 2 nice tops but bought only one.. the CHEAPER one.. heh.
I SO pray for greater finances, Lord!

_____________________________________________

I met The Skirt! At a shop in Novena Square, cos I was browsing around with my parents after dinner at Lao Beijing. Yeah, Lao Beijing, and only because we had a $25 voucher courtesy of the NKF. I dun think the food there was THAT fantastic though - in my opinion Crystal Jade does better, and for about 2/3 of the price.. they serve the best xiaolongbao in SG, beating even Din Tai Fung and Lao Beijing hands down. But anyway, about The Skirt!
It's a green-based ethnic print affair with red and maroon detailing. I've never seen anything like it before; the design and cut are similar to others, yes, but THIS is special, boy. =)
_____________________________________________

i suddenly have no mood to type the stupid joke i was about to.
Just got told something unpalatable.. sigh..
But yet - I wait on You, Lord.. for Your timing is best. and Your Word through Your servants is infallible, even though the servants themselves sometimes are.Amen.

No comments: