Monday, September 12, 2005

sudden excess of spleen

Am starting to remember incidents that occured during my blogging hiatus. One that particularly upset me was an incident involving two colleagues, about Teacher's Day. Only those in the know will realise who / what I am talking about, in keeping with my "policy" of no-incrimination-on-my-blog. But what I'd like to say is:

Do not assume that a higher level of education or status gives you the right to be condescending. Graciousness, generosity and good breeding come together, and these are infintely more precious and more a measure of your worth as a person than any educational certificates. I have no respect for a woman or man without character. Though I will not, and can not do anything other than ignore you, I will not sink to the same mud-slinging, petty, and conniving level. You and I are of different breeds.

No comments: