Wednesday, August 24, 2005

crazy days, crazy nights

Goodness it has been 6 days since I've had the time to blog!!!

Well, thank God for the strength to survive the last 6 days.. these 2 weeks have been crazy, what with rushing through tutorials, giving remedials, make up lessons, setting exams, marking stuff to be returned to students etc etc etc!

The end of the mad rush is finally in sight.. It's Wednesday of Week 9 and that means only 2 more days of official school left! *yippeee!*

So, on a fairly quiet Wednesday morning, I've finally managed to dig out 15 min or so to blog..

~ Saw this cute quote on a friend's MSN:
Yeah, the grass is greener on the other side, that means they have more shit there too (hahahaha.. dunno if I got the words correct but the meaning is there)

~ Went out with Keqing and Tiffany for a nice dinner last night. After dinner at Cafe Cartel PS, they went to some shop called 'Made With Love' on the 5th floor.

Warning: DO NOT GO THERE! It's a money-sucker! The stuff there is all for scrapbook making, it is SO cute but SO ex! They spent like 50+ each on papers, stickers, etc. And Keqing said she'd previously spent over $1000 there.. gosh..

Hello, it is a SCRAPbook right.. supposed to be made from SCRAPS.. If I make a scrapbook, it will be more like really full of scraps lor.. hehehe.. I wun spend $$ on such (though admittedly very exquisite and cute) stuff!

Over the past few weeks, I've also suddenly remembered, firsthand, how much of a sacrifice it is to Arise and Build.

Hm, it didn't seem so hard the last round leh? Perhaps that was because I was still a student then, so I didn't have as extravagant a lifestyle as I now am accustomed to. 2 years of working life have really changed my spending habits.. I've got to re-accustom myself to spending less for the moment, but I believe in God's provision and I don't think He can stand to see me living like a snail haha.. so.. conclusion.. I need more income!

Actually for past A&Bs, I'd always relied on tuitions to bring in my income. Because I give my entire salary to my parents for their living expenses, all along the money i spend / save for myself has always been my tuition income. Previously, therefore, I'd always be very anxious to have more tuition students / more tuition lessons etc. However, now, I've only got one student - I'm not taking fees from her now as her family has encountered some financial problems - and two others that I took on in church too. Yet there is a strange peace in my heart that He will make a way for me, that I don't need to worry what I will eat or what I will drink or what I will wear. Also a new sense that being able to teach, is in itself a gift and talent; I shouldn't view teaching and tuition as just a way to make money.

That having been said, I'm also craving for lotsa things.. so since my birthday is coming, I'll excuse myself for putting up a shameless wish-list.. hehe.. it saves people time and no one will get me the wrong stuff..

: facial package from Kose
: skirt from JOOP!
: pedicure and manicure
: rebonded hair / hair extensions / a perm (I am so undecided am I not??)
: to lose 3-4kg (This one, only Daddy God can do.. haha)
: a new pair of pants that actually fit me
: new shoes that I can wear to work, church and look good in
: money.. hehe..

Quick! Show me that you love me! Gift-giving is one of my primary love languages.. *mwahaha..

No comments: