Wednesday, July 13, 2005

REMINDED OF HIS GOODNESS

Looking back, I was reminded once again of how God has come through for me so many times in life.

~In 1996, only 20 appeal students were allowed back to Hwa Chong. I was one of the 20. Thus, in Hwa Chong, I got to know Jesus thru Bilin and Liyun. Also was able to reach out to people like Liyi.
~In 2001, I was the only applied life science candidate awarded MOE's Teaching Award, that enabled me to do my Honours. It was the first year that this award was offered to final year students.
~I got posted to the lab of the Head of Biochemistry to do my Honours project, who was the only person with enough power to fight for me to keep my Teaching Award. Being in Biochem, I was able to reach out to Monique, Mann Yin, Chui Hong and Huang Bo.
~In 2003, I received a posting to Hwa Chong JC although I had been told for one entire year that there were no vacancies.
~I was in the last batch of teachers with my current pay scale - the subsequent batches would have taken a pay cut. Also, I was in the last batch of teachers for whom secondment to Hwa Chong was an option.

So, it's been proven time and again that God's goodness is unfailing!
And in this season of Arise and Build, as I'm challenged to give again, I'm going to give with a spirit of FAITH that since God has done so many good things at just the right time in my life, He is faithful to move in miracles for me once again. It's going to take a miracle in itself for me to fulfil the amount He spoke to me.. but hey, if it were too easy, there isn't going to be a challenge for me to grow in faith!

Sowing this weekend, believing that God will make the way for me to fulfil the amount He's spoken to me, and more and overflowing abundance besides.

God IS a good God!

No comments: