Friday, July 08, 2005

random thoughts and reflections

I washed my hair with a shampoo called 'Plant Milk' this morning.
And now my hair smells like papaya sago.
Dessert, anyone??

Got this message on my school message board.
"ACTIONS TO TAKE IN THE EVENT OF A TREMOR IN SCHOOL"
...In school canteen: ... take cover under a table.. Beware of crockery falling off the tables.

Aiyoh! Goodness!
___________________________

Anyway. Am fasting again today for duty tomorrow. Shall have faith that I can do well!
Aim: To do my duty so well that my CU and SL will be amazed that it's my first time as H1.

and so................... *hungry* again...

Never Mind. I learn from Mike..
His MSN nick reads: Blessed are those who hunger, for they shall be filled.

LOL Mike ah... we are all trying so hard to encourage ourselves when fasting..
Inspired, bro. *winks*

Heard testimonies at CG yesterday from Jacelyn and Xiuzhu.. about the 24 hour fast on Wednesday. Hm yes, it's definitely a challenge to go the whole 24 hours with nothing but water.. and it was definitely tougher the 2nd time around. But hey, it takes a step of faith and a sacrifice to make a diff, no?

Looking forward to the next round next week!
__________________________________

For the testing of your faith produces patience.

Hm, it ain't exactly my faith that's being tested, but i'm definitely learning to develop more patience. For self-confessed impatient me, that's a real challenge. I think it's my impatience that sometimes leads to a lack of self control, because I cannot wait to move forward.

Yet we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Yepp, so even this time of waiting has its purpose: for us to be stronger, more understanding, more developed in character, and certain that we are walking in His will.

To you who understand, know this too:
I'll try my best.
*nods*

No comments: