Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hello ah! Uncle!

Saw this uncle and aunty on the MRT yesterday. Both in their 50's, with rolling bulges of fats and typical aunty/uncle clothing.

Hmph...
The uncle first pushed past me to get to a seat, and the aunty was left standing.
I was thinking, 'MAN, why the uncle so like that.. Got a seat and yet left the wife standing!'
Then, as the crowd cleared, they managed to get seats next to each other and irritate the whole carriage with their loud chatting.

And horror of horrors, as we went past Woodlands and the row of seats emptied, the uncle took off his shoes and swung his legs up! Ewwww! Aunty also proceeded to take off her slippers and sit cross legged on the seats.

But as they were preparing to get off, the uncle rested his head on the aunty's shoulder, and they walked out hand in hand.



That one last thing seemed incredibly sweet to me.
I mean, it says -
"I know your faults and you know mine.
You know I'm not the best looking person around.
You know I'm uncouth and have gross and disgusting habits like taking shoes off on the MRT.
But yet, no matter what, no matter who's watching, I'm not afraid to show you that I still love you."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
That's what true love is about, no?
It's not about being a perfect person, or trying to put up a front all the time.
It's being accepted for who and what you are, wrinkles and warts included, and yet loved nonetheless.
It's about showing the other party your love, in a manner you know they appreciate.

Thanks, uncle and aunty, for showing me that.
It was worth the price of a seat from Orchard to Yew Tee.

No comments: