Sunday, June 05, 2005

Hello hello! Miss me a'not??

I've been sick as a dog for the past three days.. alternating between lying on the bed on my right side, lying on the bed on my right side, and lying on my bed straight. Whao, what a VARIED life I've had since ending my NIE course... ahahaha.. SO GROSS right? Eugh...

Oh welll. Hm, the Doc says I caught the 'common cold', but it doesn't hardly seem common to me, because I tell you, if everyone who had the cold had it like I had, half the workforce will be out of commission at any given time. My goodness.. I've never had a cold so bad before! High fever, running nose, and giddiness that made me unable to disengage from my bed for more than a few minutes at a go. Not to mention a sultry 'bedroom voice'... hehehehe.. lucky i'm not on the net this weekend siah! All this totalled up to 40 straight hours of lying-on-bed (From Thursday midnight after CG till Sat 4pm), causing Yeow Kwang to exclaim in envy:
"FORTY HOURS?? I sleep 40 hours in a WEEK!"

Bwahahahahahahaa. Sorry Kwang. Wanna dose of cold virus so you can sleep 40 hours in 2 days too? *winks* I knoe where to aim my next ah-chooooo...

Anyway. Yes. Amazingly, on Saturday itself I had a breakthrough; despite not being able to get up for more than a few minutes prior to Sat afternooon itself, on Saturday afternoon I was able to make it down to church. Amazing that His grace kept me going on.. tahan'ned till after everyone had settled down for the Word. Hm, I realised that I couldn't concentrate on the preaching anyway, cos my head had started to pound again (Hey I should start selling POUND cakes.. hehehehehehe). So that's why I'm up so digsustingly early on a Sunday morning, cos I'm going off to attend Service later, and wanted to clear up a few things before I went off.

As an aside:
Having a cold is a super-effortless way to lose weight. Goodness, i think I lost 1.5 kg in the past 2 days lah, what with sweating like a dog and not being able to eat anything beyond 3 bananas (Not joking, my mother is out of town, there isn't anything else to eat in my house). Gross right! But anyway, my appetite's back and I'm going on the prowl for food again. *yummy~ Dinner later anyone? *winks*

No comments: