Monday, April 04, 2005

i am not a messenger..

i am an influencer.

greatly impacted by what ryan shared yesterday.

a messenger disseminates information; an influencer makes a difference.

and i want so much to make a difference in the lives of others; my ushers, my students and my cell group members. Ushering is so much more than just the physical things we do; yes, physically demanding, but by our busy-ness, we grow and we learn. and i need to be a good custodian over the souls of my people, because i desperately want them to know the purpose with which they serve, and grow in love and joy and wisdom even as they do so. and i need to be less selfish with my time and my words, and not retire into my own tiredness when i could be making a difference.

Amen.

Top of the list: relearn my words-of-affirmation love language.
yeah, i realised that i love by giving of gifts and acts of service. but not everyone receives love that way- let me be all things to all men.
perhaps i will no longer be so scary then.

No comments: