Monday, March 14, 2005

my college admin does itself justice

Went into the HOD room today to help Ade Lam look for her CCA records.
And sheesh, like the excellent admin people I've always known we would be, the College actually keeps the records of all students from even 30 years ago.
Myself included.

I couldn't resist. I bent down to the file drawer and pulled out the CT file for 96S71.

It surprises me to see some of the comments made by my former teachers about me. I'll try to put down as much as I remember:

TAC, my CT/Chem: Weak in some subjects. Needs a sense of discipline (Yes, true, I admit it.. how prophetic, I struggle with disciplining myself even now)

ALK, GP: She makes me laugh (wahahahahahaha). BTW, my predicted grade for GP was an A1.. oh man I REALLY did screw it up din i! From an A1 to a C5.. *sheesh*

LWK, Bio: something along the lines of 'enthusiastic' and tries hard..

Beng2, Maths: Quiet (OMG me quiet?? You Sure Or Not!) and tries hard..

Mr Ong JY, Physics (woohoo, shows how much attention I paid in class for Physics, I dun even remb him as my physics tutor.. oops) =P Tries hard..

Have learnt as a teacher, now, that writing 'tries hard' means you've more or less screwed up your results and they're trying to make it sound good. Sheesh..
Oh no, I just blew my own cover, right?
Now all of my 75 pp will know what it means when I write 'tries hard' on their progress report! Oh man, I have to think of more euphemisms already. But hey, I dun want to get you all flamed by your parents, so that's why I write 'tries hard', yes? =)

By the by, my predicted grdes for A levels were ABBC/A1. Well I guess I kinda disappointed with my ABBB/C5, no? Almost there, but not quite.. erpz..

I am by the way now staring at my screen on the first day of sch hols, back here to babysit the J1s on course with Rose. My brain is quite dead after the past hectic week. Heck, I counted that I slept 22 hours in 6 days. That worked out to be something like 3 hours plus a day only?? But yet, I am glad, I am glad, for the mighty miracles that have been done over the last few days. I am glad for His grace and the privilege I have to serve Him. I will blog about this when I can do the topic more justice (ie. when I am not so tired it takes me three solid hours to write ONE reference letter). And yes, I am looking forward to the next time. Amen.

No comments: