Monday, March 07, 2005

it is a privilege to be of service.

Truly.

I've realised that my greatest joy lies in serving others and making a difference in their lives. Yupp, it's my call to be a servant. Though I struggled for a long time with the physical / time commitments it takes to fulfil my call, I've realised that I will DIE if I don't. Not cos the Holy Spirit will come after me with parang (He is a gentleman, okay) but because I thirst and hunger and desire to do His will so much. It's like oxygen; like water; like food, to serve in His courts. Now I really understand what it means when the Bible says "the joy of the Lord is our strength".. I would not be able to DO so much, if I did not LOVE so much. I'd be dry and stretched and ready to crack at the seams. Yet, every day I long to be in His presence more and more; I eagerly await the day I can next enter His courts and be of service. Yes, physically tired, but not weary in spirit - nor defeated in mindset.

Amen!

I can hardly wait for next week, when we have Pastor Benny Hinn coming. I can foresee myself running around like a madwoman; I can foresee sore feet, a flat stomach and falling flat on my face every day between Wednesday to Sunday from sheer tiredness. But! I can't wait, because I am so eager to see God's goodness displayed once again. Yeah yeah!

No comments: